Everything nowadays is available at the touch of your finger. Whether you need a cab, get meals, or go shopping, you’re done with a few hints on your phone. People increasingly want to order their normal grocery products online, just like other items.
Demand is constantly expanding, propelling the industry to greater heights. The online grocery sector is anticipated to be valued at a staggering $133.8 billion by 2022. This shift in shopping habits has increased the demand for grocery delivery businesses and mobile app development services, creating an excellent opportunity for startups, traditional grocery stores, and tech firms to invest in their grocery delivery mobile app development projects.
Grocery Delivery Mobile Apps Types
The market for online grocery delivery smartphone apps is quite competitive. Given the number of participants in this industry, you must select from the start what sort of grocery delivery mobile app concept should grow alongside its business. Your whole resource set, including operations and capital expenditure, is determined by the kind of app you intend to construct.
If you want to create a grocery delivery app for your grocery store, consider the following options. There are two types of apps:
Aggregate Grocery Delivery Apps
You’ll need to work with local grocery retailers to build a supermarket delivery mobile app based on the aggregator model. This strategy is often favored by individuals that own their own grocery shops, operate a chain of stores, or can quickly join up with food stores. In this concept, the user would be given a list of grocery stores from which to choose, and the user might purchase from any listed retailer.
The whole responsibility, from order fulfillment to delivery, is the retailer’s, and you are only a facilitator acting as a middleman between the consumer and the store owner.
Dedicated Grocery Delivery Apps
The dedicated grocery delivery applications contain all of the advantages of the aggregator model, but you must handle the entire order facilitated in the dedicated model. Several grocery stores would sign up for this platform and sell the products. Your primary responsibility would be facilitating order placement and delivering items to consumers. The online grocery platform bears additional accountability because it must maintain a specific fleet of delivery executives.
General Features to Consider When Developing a Grocery Delivery Mobile App
Every program necessitates a basic set of features and functions for its many entities. Customers, Store owners, and Admin are the three primary entities in a grocery delivery mobile app. Each of them has the following characteristics:
- Registration: Customers should be able to register on the app quickly. Users may simply log in by entering their basic information, such as their name, email, contact number, and address.
- Browse Things: Customers may search for the products they need from a large selection of food and grocery items.
- Advanced Search: Users should be able to add filters to their searches to make them more efficient.
- Payment Mode: Payment methods such as Paytm, UPI, PayPal, and Google Pay must be available to customers.
- Schedule Delivery: Customers should be able to pick their desired delivery time window using the app.
- Order tracking: Customers should receive SMS and postal alerts and be able to follow real-time order status.
Store Owners Panel
- Store Locator: The business owner can move his store on maps, and consumers can look for them as a closed store and place orders through the map.
- Store Pickup: Customers who wish to pick up their orders from the store can do so. It will boost clients’ offline grocery business.
- Profile Management: The store owner controls his store’s profile. The owner may change or edit their information, such as their name, email address, phone number, and so on, at any time and from any location.
- Live Tracking Path: The business owner should be able to follow the real-time status of courier service on the full route using GPS tracking or Google Maps.
Admin – Grocery Delivery App Development
- Shop Management: The administrator may control all store parts from a single location. The administrator can also manage several shops.
- Coordination with store owners: Admin may rapidly collaborate with managers to ensure a seamless operation.
- Product list management: The administrator may maintain and even control the product list and alter pricing based on market norms and store owner expectations.
- Order Tracking: Admin maintains an eye on every processing order and keeps an eye on the work process for the systematic procedure.
- Customer Management: The administrator should be able to manage customers and draw them to their demands by sending out frequent alerts and contacting them regularly.
Steps for Creating a Grocery Delivery App
Step-1: Concept and Goal Development
The first stage in developing a grocery delivery app is to create a concept and analyze the end project’s goal. Consider your target audience, the problem the app will address, and how to solve it. This stage will also help identify the technological stack and the time and human resources required to construct the product from the ground up. You may learn more from rivals and uncover non-obvious solutions that can elevate your apps above the competition.
Step-2: Prototypes and Wireframes Development
After you’ve completed the first step, it’s time to think about UX/UI design. You can build user flows and stories by studying product requirements, target audience, and pain areas. You will be able to construct the visual aspect of a mobile app and afterward examine where you want to alter things before the production stage, polish it until you’re satisfied, and every feature is well-thought-out.
During the iterative development phase, everything your UI/UX team has depicted should be transformed into reality. During this stage, your developers will create every aspect of the app’s functionality, which the QA team will subsequently test. Here, you should ensure that everything is firmly established, that your primary features perform as expected, and that the final product addresses the main pain points identified during the initial stage of development.
Testing is almost the final stage of development for your grocery application after everything is completed. This should be done by your QA team, who should test the app at the following stages:
- Unit Testing
- Integration Testing
- System Testing
- Acceptance Testing
Maintenance and launch are the last stages of developing a grocery delivery app. You must launch the app on the chosen marketplace after you have tested it and ensured that it functions properly. Launching your software would not take long if it was produced by the guidelines outlined by Apple or Google Play.
After that, you should get feedback from users to determine what they enjoy most about your program and identify any issues. If this occurs, request that your developers return to the development and fix any problems. After all, to remain in demand, you should remember to update the app every few months.
Grocery delivery mobile app development requires the assistance of a skilled and experienced app development company because it includes multiple API integrations and customized functionalities. As a result, it is crucial to choose a reliable Grocery Delivery Mobile App Development Company like AppIncubator, with extensive industry understanding and the needed tech stack.